Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week 7

This week I returned back to my working on the Catholic Church Extension Society files. After having completed my survey of the material, I have begun to start sorting and organizing the files. This is an important step in maintaining a collection because it allows the archivist to access the material quickly and accurately by having it sorted into an organized collection. This is also an important step in order to help create finding guides, that assist in locating each individual item. Since most of these files are letters, I have decided to sort them alphabetically by the name of the person or group in which these files are sent to. There are some files that cover the same topic but are addressed to different individuals but since they are part of the same group, they will be categorized together by the name of the group. This way, files pertaining to the same topic will not be separated and harder to access. Next week, I will be continue to sort through and organize the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment